Thursday, December 21, 2006

Actuality

I’ve just received advanced copies of Players, and as usual had the strange feeling holding in my hand a physical representation of something that’s been in my head for the past couple of years. I must say the design and layout is striking and quite handsome. But as yet, I haven’t read any of it, being very aware of the Awful Curse of the About-To-Be-Published: an author, on reading in the first copy of his new book a random sentence on a random page will spot a howler that’s entirely his own fault. Unread, the book remains, like Schrodinger’s cat, uncollapsed into its final quantum state.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought that this Curse existed only in Russia:)
Now I see that it is the danger of global scale.

December 23, 2006 11:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Sergey

December 23, 2006 11:29 am  
Blogger Keith Ferrell said...

Reminds me of something from John Fowles's journals, in which he noted finishing French Lieutenant's Woman: 130.000 words... "Tomorrow: 130,000 things to change!" Publishing gave him even more woes.

December 24, 2006 3:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts