Sunday, October 24, 2010

La Guerre Tranquille


Before I completely forget (I'm insanely busy, trying to nail down the third draft of the ongoing, which is past the midpoint now, thanks), here's the fine cover of the French edition of The Quiet War, the second Sparth cover for the same novel (see also the US edition). Lucky or what? It was published on Friday; my French publisher handed me a copy the day before, at the Gollancz party. Poking around on the French Amazon site, I found that the mass-market paperback edition of Glyphes (aka Mind's Eye) was released last month. The cover for that is pretty good too; it refers to the family history which gets Alfie Flowers in a lot of trouble.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Sergey said...

Classic SF cover.
Very attractive.

October 24, 2010 12:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Haven't got a copy yet, but I soon will.
I tried to find the name of the GLYPHES cover artist, but I drew a blank on the Net. Will have a look in a brick-and-mortar store.
Best,
Jean-Daniel

October 25, 2010 11:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got it. The cover artwork is by Alain Brion.
See here:
http://alain-brion.ultra-book.com/book
for some of his other work.
Jean-Daniel

October 25, 2010 12:50 pm  
Blogger LarryS said...

Great cover, and I love the french title!

October 26, 2010 11:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got my copies at last. A neat job. Great artwork.
The French title is a straight translation of The Quiet War; I think I used it first mumble years ago, when I translated "Second Skin" for Le Monde.
Jean-Daniel Brèque

October 28, 2010 2:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts