Thursday, January 20, 2011

Kindled, ibooked

While I'm still contemplating bringing out old and new short-story collections as ebooks, Gollancz, my British publishers, have published five of my backlist novels in electronic format.  They include: Four Hundred Billion Stars and Eternal Light, early examples of new space opera that chronicle the adventures of Dorthy Yoshida as she travels to the centre of the galaxy and back again; Red Dust, my Martian ninjapunk novel; Pasquale's Angel, my alternative history Renaissancepunk novel; and Fairyland, my first biopunk novel.  Each for the very reasonable price of £4.49, or $7.33, on Kindle.  They're also available, I'm told, as ibooks, but I'm one of the few authors who haven't converted to Apple, so I haven't been able to check.


Four Hundred Billion Stars, by the way, is my first novel, published by Del Rey as a paperback way back in 1988.  I wrote it on a manual typewriter, and because photocopying was expensive in those days, I typed the final version on a sandwich of bond, carbon, and bank paper (I still have the carbon copy, somewhere).  Now it's out there in the cloud.  Science fiction!

6 Comments:

Blogger PeteY said...

They are indeed on the iBookstore, along with The Quiet War and Gardens of the Sun.

January 21, 2011 12:45 am  
Anonymous Duncan said...

My yellow-jacketed Gollancz hardback of Four Hundred Billion Stars also reeks of another time.

January 21, 2011 2:14 pm  
Blogger Howard Carter said...

Will those be available in th US? As a uS resident, my Kindle is registed here

January 23, 2011 4:00 pm  
Blogger Theophylact said...

The Kindle version of Pasquale's Angel is available only to UK customers. Dang.

January 23, 2011 4:23 pm  
Blogger Theophylact said...

Well, I went ahead and bought a used copy from Abebooks. Unfortunately no royalties for you, but at least this way I can pass my copy on.

January 23, 2011 8:44 pm  
Blogger Paul McAuley said...

Think they're all available in the US via amazon.com now. If not, they will be eventually. Am told these things sometimes take a few days to start working...

January 23, 2011 8:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts