Friday, February 13, 2009

Old Wine; New Bottles

I'm very pleased with the cover for the mass-market paperback of The Quiet War; it's been redesigned for the smaller format, but cleverly retains all the design elements of the cover of the hardback/trade paperback. I've also received covers for new editions of Four Hundred Billion Stars, Eternal Light, Red Dust, and Pasquale's Angel, which are scheduled for publication in September. They're still being tweaked, but once they're finalised I'll post them here. I have no shame. Eternal Light is also being reprinted in April, as part of Gollancz's space opera promotion. I don't know. You spend what seems like an age, waiting for one of your books to be republished, and then two editions come along at once...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great!

February 13, 2009 11:10 pm  
Blogger PeteY said...

Yes, great. I haven't had a chance to get any of those ones, yet. Pasquale's Angel is particularly appealing to me, but waiting till September is a pain.

February 13, 2009 11:20 pm  
Blogger The Spirit of Creative Writing said...

It's a great cover for a great book. I especially like the way the rings of Saturn suggest, in Mannerist fashion, the side-on wedge of a book of many pages.

February 15, 2009 12:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link.

I love the cover - I think it's probably a little stronger than the hardback version.

Great stuff.

February 15, 2009 11:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts