Friday, June 22, 2012

Travellers' Tales

I've just sold a story to editor Jonathan Strahan's Edge of Infinity, an anthology of tales set in various versions of a settled, industrialised Solar System.  Mine, 'Macy Minnot's Last Christmas on Dione, Ring Racing, Fiddler's Green, The Potter's Field' shares the setting of the Quiet War future history: a trio of tall stories framed by a journey from Egypt to Saturn's moon Dione, made by a woman invited to memorialise her dead father.  Not quite the last Quiet War fiction.  This week I've been on Vesta and its artificial moon; next week I'll be in the world city, Ophir, as I slowly fine-tune the last draft of Evening's Empires.  Another traveller's tale.  Science fiction is a literature of the restless and displaced.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kris said...

isn't it Edge of Infinity actually?
I'm pretty sure I have Engineering Infinite on my shelf:)

June 24, 2012 8:31 am  
Blogger Paul McAuley said...

Hi Kris,

Thanks for the correction.

June 24, 2012 11:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts