Saturday, June 22, 2024

Migration

When I first started using the internet, back in the early 1990s, websites were so new that you could more or less visit them all in a day. Watch a coffee pot somewhere in Cambridge university, or a trafficam in Times Square! Check out Socks the White House cat! We were so innocent back the days of PINE and GNU. My first website, handcoded in barebones HTML, went up a few years later, but vanished when my ISP (Demon) was taken over one time too many and shut down. I rejigged the site at my new ISP, but some time in the middle of writing the New Novel the ISP decided that hosting websites was an unwanted botheration, and because I was in the middle of writing the NN I let it lapse. And now, between books, I've migrated it to a new hosting site, and it's back at its old address:

www.unlikelywords.co.uk

It's semi-hand-recoded because I've not yet been swept up by WordPress or other popular web builders that hosting sites prefer, and no doubt there are lacunae and broken links I haven't yet tracked down, but it's nice to be back.


2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick R said...

An "L" is missing from the link.

June 24, 2024 1:11 pm  
Blogger Brian said...

Ha ha, just came here to say the same. www.unlikelyworlds.co.uk is mispeleld.

June 25, 2024 9:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts