Thursday, September 24, 2009

Spirit At Gusev Crater



Created by Doug Ellison using data from the Spirit rover and the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, this fabulously detailed flyover sweeps across the Columbia Hills in the middle of a simulated dust storm, past the place where the brave little toaster is currently mired. The kind of detailed virtuality that will be as near to actually being on Mars that almost all of us will get* (more on that, soon); it can't be that long before there's a version where we can wander around the planet at will.

*unless you're Australian

Via Universe Today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

That's wonderful. Did you see this about the moon? We really do live in the most amazing times.

September 24, 2009 3:13 pm  
Blogger Paul McAuley said...

Yes. Yes, we do. Wonder if a similar process is dampening asteroids...

September 25, 2009 1:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Sir,

Your website is very much interesting; I am your favorites. Also I follow your website.

http://worldspacesatellites.blogspot.com/

I have been maintaining this blog for more than a year.
View my favorite’s blog

My blog deals with current news and images on NASA Space Shuttle Missions, International Space Station News, Aeronautics, Science and Technology, Astronauts News and Moon and Mars,

I have got many back links for my blog http://worldspacesatellites.blogspot.com/ from related sites.


So if you could provide me a link to my blog, it will be much more useful for user and young school and college peoples.

Around 10,500 visitors daily visits my blog. So it will be highly benefited for your sites also.

It would be great pleasure if you can add this link http://worldspacesatellites.blogspot.com/ in your blog so that it can benefit our visitors.

My blog details:

Title: NASA Space Shuttle Missions
URL: http://worldspacesatellites.blogspot.com
Email id: worldwidesatellites.info@gmail.com


Hope you would add my blog.

Please respond to me for this mail.

Awaiting for your reply.

Regards
Swetha Roy

October 06, 2009 1:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts